Hawaii Mountain Apple Pie Recipe
- 2-3 cups mountain apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 stick of softened butter
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour
- Cream the butter and the sugar. Then add the flour and mix. Place the dough into a 9-inch pie pan and press it with your fingers until the pan is covered evenly.
- Put your cut up mountain apples, salt, cinnamon, sugar, butter, and lemon juice into a pot and cook on the stove until the liquid is reduced and apples are cooked about halfway.
- Remove from heat and add your flour to thicken.
- If you're lazy like me and don't want to make a top, cut out some leaf shapes and place on top.
- Pour into pie crust and bake at 350 degrees for about 35-45 minutes.
- Cool before slicing.