Easy Pickled Mango Recipe
A wonderful friend dropped off a bag of homegrown vegetables and a bunch of huge green mangoes a few days ago. And just one look at those mangoes and we knew what we had to do - Make pickled mango!
Here's our quick and easy recipe for one of our favorite summer treats.
- 6 large green mangoes
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp Hawaiian salt
- 2 bags sweet red li hing mui
- Peel and cut your green mango into slices
- Put vinegar, sugar, salt, and water into a saucepan and heat until sugar and salt dissolve
- When the sauce has cooled, put your mango and li hing mui into a gallon zip lock bag and pour the sauce into bag
- Let the mango soak at least overnight before bottling
And if you live somewhere green mangoes aren't available, we apologize for making you salivate!