Easy Pineapple Mango Li Hing Mui Cupcake Recipe
This recipe was submitted by our friends at Just Cake Me in San Diego!
- Your favorite vanilla cake mix
- Canned crushed pineapples, drained about 1/3 cup
- 1 tsp Pineapple extract
- 3 tbsp Liko Lehua Mango Butter
- 1 tsp Mango extract
- 1 tsp Li Hing Mui Powder
- Vanilla frosting
- 3 oz Dried pineapples
- 3 oz Dried Mangoes
- 2 tbsp Lihing Mui powder
- Make your vanilla cake mix as instructed on the box. Fold in drained crushed pineapples and pineapple extract at the end. Bake into cupcake molds as instructed in box.
- Take your favorite vanilla frosting and add 3 tbsp of the mango butter, mango extract, and 1 tsp lihing mui powder. Mix until combined. This will be the mango buttercream.
- Take your favorite dried pineapple and mango and mix in 2 tbsp of the lihing mui powder. Toss until well combined.
- Frost the pineapple cupcakes, with the mango buttercream leaving a hole in the middle. Pipe 1 tsp of mango butter inside. Top it off with 1 piece of lihing pineapple and 1 piece of lihing mango. Sprinkle additional lihing on top and it’s done!