Easy Hawaiian Guava BBQ Ribs Recipe
Ribs were on sale at Safeway last Friday, so we had to make Guava BBQ ribs for dinner. These are super easy to make and you can definitely taste the guava!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 38 minutes
Total Time: 53 minutes
- One rack of pork ribs
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- Garlic Salt
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup Hawaiian Guava Puree
- 3-4 tbsp Big Island Bees Ohia Lehua Honey (Adjust to how sweet you like your ribs)
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- Cut your rib rack in half and trim any excess fat or membrane. Put into your pressure cooker or Instant Pot.
- Add garlic salt, 1 1/2 cups water, 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Prep your sauce while it's cooking. Combine your favorite BBQ sauce (We used Sweet Baby Ray's), Hawaiian Guava Puree, Hawaiian Honey, and ketchup.
- Baste your ribs with half of your sauce and place on a baking tray.
- Broil for 5 minutes. Then remove tray and flip your ribs. Baste with your remaining sauce. Then broil for an additional 3 minutes.