Chocolate Macadamia Nut Brownie Recipe
These are super easy to whip up and are always a crowd favorite!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Hawaiian Salt (The larger granules don't quite melt and add a little sea salt flavor to each bite.)
- 1 cup coconut oil (Put solid coconut oil into a glass and leave in a bowl of warm water to melt.)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 4 large eggs (room temp)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp prepared strong Kona Coffee (You can actually taste the coffee in this and it adds a little something special)
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts (If you don't have any mac nuts you could also use some chocolate chips!)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) with rack in middle of oven. Line 9x9 pan with parchment paper.
- Pour melted coconut oil over granulated sugar. Allow to cool if necessary.
- Mix dry ingredients together separately.
- Once sugar and oil mixture has cooled, add eggs, vanilla and coffee. Mix until blended.
- Stir in dry ingredients, slowly at first, then more quickly as mixture blends. Mix until batter is smooth.
- Spread batter in pan and add chopped macadamia nuts by hand all over top. Pushing nuts into batter until they're almost submerged.
- Bake for 28-35 minutes (lower end for fudgier brownies) until an inserted toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs holding on.
- Cut and enjoy!