Hawaiian Style Shoyu Pumpkin and Pork
Pumpkins or Kabocha are in season now and this is a great way to use them.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 lb pork cubed
- 1 lb pumpkin cubed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup Aloha Shoyu (soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing Wine
- 2 tbsp of Hawaiian Honey
- 1 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp dried shrimp
- Wash your pumpkin and then microwave it for about 1-2 minutes to soften so that it will be easier to cut. Take out and discard the seeds and then cut away the skin of the pumpkin. Cut into cubes.
- In a pot, add vegetable oil and brown your pork. Add the shaoxing wine and garlic. (If you don't have shaoxing wine you can use sherry or just omit)
- Add your dried shrimp, shoyu, honey and chicken stock and bring to a boil. (You can use more honey if your pumpkin is not sweet enough)
- Then simmer for about 15-20 minutes until the pumpkin is fork tender. Serve with hot rice.