Li Hing Mui Gummy Bears Recipe
With the kids at home for summer break, we wanted to find a fun activity we could all do together. So we decided to make Li Hing Mui Gummy Bears at home! It was much easier than we thought it would be and super delcious!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Chill Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Yield: About 120 gummy bears
You will need to purchase gummy bear molds to make these. We bought ours on Amazon and they came with an eye dropper to fill them. We would suggest getting medium sized or large sized molds. It is ridiulously difficult to get your bears out of the smaller molds.
- 1 cup juice (We used apple, but any clear juice would taste fantastic.)
- 2 tbsp hawaiian honey
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp gelatin (or three small packets of Knox)
- 1 tsp Li Hing Mui powder
1. Put your gummy bear molds onto a baking sheet. (They're easier to move this way once their filled with liquid).
2. Add your juice and sugar to a small pot and heat until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Remove from heat and add the lemon juice.
4. Add one package of gelatin at a time. Sprinkle gradually while whisking.
5. Use a dropper to fill your gummy bear molds. Work as quickly as you can. Thank goodness our set came with two droppers, so two of us could work on this at the same time.
6. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes, or until the bears harden.
7. Pop out of the molds and sprinkle them with Li Hing Mui powder.
Leave a comment