Hawaiian Classic Pumpkin Crunch Recipe
If you grew up in Hawaii, then you've eaten Pumpkin Crunch at a family gathering, a BBQ at Ala Moana Beach Park, or at some school function where everyone brought home made goodies.
It's a classic and everyone loves it! So get ready to unleash the feast.
Prep and cook time: About 1 hour, 20 minutes
- 1 can of pureed pumpkin (15 oz)
- 1 can evaporated milk (12 oz)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup butter (Two sticks)
- One 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Either grease a 9x12 pan OR use parchment paper.
- Mix pumpkin, milk, sugar, eggs, cinnamon, and salt well.
- Pour into pan, and sprinkle cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture.
- Top with pecans, drizzle melted butter evenly on top, and bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown.
- When cool, loosen from pan with a knife or spatula.
- Invert pan onto tray (the top becomes the crust). Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with pecans or walnuts.