10 Best Hawaiian Snacks
If you don't agree with our picks, please leave us a comment!
1. Li Hing anything. Seriously, you could put li hing powder on sawdust and I’d probably eat it. We love it on pineapple, oranges, mango, or just about any fruit. And of course, who doesn’t love Li Hing Mui Margaritas!!
2. Poke. Whether spicy, Hawaiian style, or shoyu flavored - Poke is always a winner.
3. Chocolate Macadamia Nuts. They’re what all your friends on the mainland want you to bring back.
4. Hurricane Popcorn. It’s the perfect combination of salt, sweet, and buttery.
5. Strawberry Mochi. Two Ladies Kitchen in Hilo makes the most ono version we’ve had.
6. Shave Ice. Whether you get rainbow, lychee, or lilikoi, don’t forgot to top it with Li Hing or condensed milk!
7. Pickled Mango. If you have an aunty who drops off a jar for you, even better. If not, you can buy it here.
8. Acai Bowl. Outside of Brazil, Hawaii is the number one consumer of this super fruit. You can even get one in the food court at Costco!
9. Manapua. It's the Hawaiian version of Char Siu Bao and you can find them at 7-11, Chinatown, or Libbys in Kalihi. There's chicken curry, sweet potato, kahlua pork, Lup Cheong, and even specially decorated ones with cartoon characters on the bun.
10. Fish Jerky! Our favorite is the Teri Ahi.