If you don't agree with our picks, please leave us a comment!
1. Li Hing anything. Seriously, you could put li hing powder on sawdust and I’d probably eat it. We love it on pineapple, oranges, mango, or just about any fruit. And of course, who doesn’t love Li Hing Mui Margaritas!!
2. Poke. Whether spicy, Hawaiian style, or shoyu flavored - Poke is always a winner.
3. Chocolate Mac Nuts. They’re what all your friends on the mainland want you to bring.
4. Hurricane Popcorn. It’s the perfect combination of salt, sweet, and buttery.
5. Strawberry Mochi. Two Ladies Kitchen in Hilo makes the most ono version we’ve had.
6. Shave Ice. Whether you get rainbow, lychee, or lilikoi, don’t forgot to top it with Li Hing or condensed milk!
7. Pickled Mango. If you have an aunty who drops off a jar for you, even better. If not, you can buy it here.
8. Acai Bowl. Outside of Brazil, Hawaii is the number one consumer of this super fruit.
9. Sweet bread. You can eat it plain, with butter and jam, or use it to make a sandwich.
10. Fish Jerky! Our favorite is the Teri Ahi.