Hawaiian Guava Cheesecake Recipe
Snack Hawaii recently started carrying fruit purees from Maui, and when we saw the Guava Puree made from 100% Hawaiian grown fruit we knew immediately we needed to make something yummy. This cheesecake recipe is very easy and has just a few ingredients, so we hope you'll be able to make it at home too!
There are three components to this yummy dessert - the crust, the creemcheese layer, and the guava layer.
Prep Time: 30 min
Bake Time: 7 min
Chill Time: 1-2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 37 min
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp melted butter
1. Take one full sleeve of graham crackers and break them up by using a food processor or a ziploc bag and a rolling pin. The food processor method takes just a few seconds and saves a lot of time, so it's our go-to method.
2. Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter together in a bowl until combined. The mixture will be look like sand. Firmly press into the bottom of a 9-10 inch pan.
3. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes.Then chill while you make the next layer.
- One 8 oz block of creamcheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pint whipping cream
1. Whip your block of creamcheese and 1/4 cup powdered sugar until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, whip your whipping cream until it starts to firm and then add 1/4 cup powdered sugar and whip till peaks form. Add this mixture to the bowl with the creamcheese. Whit until smooth and combined.
3. Pour creamcheese mixture into graham cracker crust and let it set in the fridge.
- 1 pouch Guava Puree (1 lb)
- 1 cup sugar
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
1. Squeeze your puree into a pot and add 1 cup of sugar and the juice from 1/2 a lime. You can add more sugar if you want it sweeter. Also, if you would like your guava layer to be a brighter red color we suggest adding a drop or two of red food coloring. We didn't mind the slightly dull color, but for presentation you may want to brighten the color.
2. Cook on low until sugar is dissolved. Let cool. Then pour onto your creamcheese layer and set in fridge to cool for at least an hour before serving.
If you make this pie don't forget to tag us on Instagram!